I’ve been looking forward to this morning since Wednesday when Emily Bites posted her recipe for Pumpkin French Toast. The weatherman was forecasting a cold front coming into Oklahoma that would put us in the 40’s (and after a summer of 100+ heat that 40 degrees sounded heavenly). That’s a perfect morning for Pumpkin French Toast. So, I made up a batch but instead of using regular bread I used rustic crusty whole wheat french bread (weighed out a 100 calorie portion which ended up being five 1/2 inch medallions). I topped with some Mrs. ButterWorth’s Sugar Free Syrup and 1/8 tsp powdered sugar sprinkled on top. Seriously scrumptious!
Now, I’m off to buy dirt to plant my new 1/2 price rose bushes and pansies!! I love fall… love it!
This cool weather has me dreaming about camping… and craving something sweet.. so, I made a new recipe for “healthy S’mores” from Clean Eating Magazine… Man, this was good.. 4 points plus.. makes 2 servings… and takes about 5 minutes to make..
- Preheat broiler on HI
- 4 full sheet graham crackers…
- 1/8 cup low fat philadelphia cream cheese (I used whipped but you can use lowfat too)..
- 1 tsp cocoa powder..
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey (you can use splenda or some other sweetener)..
- mix above ingredients together and top each cracker..
- then top with 1/8 cup cacao nibs..
- put under a broiler on HI for 2 minutes.. while you’re waiting make a cup of Lady Gray tea (or coffee)…
- take out of oven, place on pretty plate (one serving is two full crackers) and enjoy your 4 PP treat. YUMMO.. if you’ve never had cacao nibs, you gotta try em.. they’re kind of like nutty dark chocolate chips.. (crunchy yumminess).. you can read about cacao nibs here (and this happens to be my favorite brand too)
Now, I’m looking forward to tomorrow night when I can finish off the leftovers.. and I still have 12 points remaining… this has been a good, good day.
Nutrients per serving (2 full sheet crackers and 5 tsp filling): Calories: 130, Total Fat: 5.5 g, Sat. Fat: 2.5 g, Carbs: 18 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Sodium: 85 mg, Cholesterol: 8 mg WW PP 4